Workforce scheduling consists in perfectly matching your staffing to a specific need.
It is a powerful human resources management process to improve the quality of customer service, guarantee that the skills required are on hand and reduce your company’s costs. Workforce scheduling optimises staffing over the short term but also allows forward planning for the medium and long term.
Workforce Scheduling with eTemptation streamlines your staff scheduling process.
This module schedules your staff based on your activity forecasts. It points out over- and under-staffing and helps you find solutions. When used with time and attendance management module, it provides a comprehensive workforce management solution.Read more
Advanced Automated Schedule Optimisation
eTemptation integrates scheduling automation technologies to reduce the time your managers spend on repetitive tasks.
A mathematical optimisation engine generates your optimised schedule based on all the requirements defined: workload coverage, required skills, labour laws, rules on using overtime and temporary staffing.Read more
Project Time Tracking
In addition to time management and workforce scheduling, this eTemptation module helps to control the time spent on activities.
Employees enter their time spent on projects and jobs on configurable timesheets. Managers use a workflow process to approve or correct the reports before they are sent to the ERP.Read more
Production Time Tracking
With eTemptation, you control the actual time spent in production and the cost prices, a huge benefit for manufacturers.
This module makes it easy for operators to enter production data: time spent on work orders and operations, quantities, progress, etc. The ERP is updated with accurate data, and your managers have KPIs for their teams at their fingertips.Read more
Definition of Workforce Scheduling
Workforce scheduling can help all public or private organisations that need to build employee schedules. It answers the following questions:
- How can I reduce the amount of time my managers spend scheduling their teams (usually with a spreadsheet)?
- How can I build optimised schedules that also comply with labour laws and HR company policy?
- How can I plan ahead to avoid the need for temporary staff or overtime?
- How can I find solutions for unforeseen events such as workload variations, sick leave and turnover, etc?
- How can I forecast my staffing needs 6 months or a year out and plan ahead for recruitment, training or staff mobility?
The main features expected from workforce scheduling software include:
- Short-term staff scheduling (for two weeks or a month for example).
- Schedule optimisation with an automated scheduling engine.
- Medium and long term planning (from a few months to a year) for companies with important seasonal variations.
Workforce scheduling is often used in conjunction with activity tracking in order to:
- Track how much time employees spend on projects or customer orders.
- Monitor production times (production orders, machines, operators, etc) and logistics activities.
- Update the ERP effectively.
WORKFORCE SCHEDULING SOLUTION FOR COMPANIES THAT DEMAND THE BEST
eTemptation’s workforce scheduling and activity tracking features are used by more than 1500 companies and administrations in a wide variety of sectors, including industry, logistics, distribution, food service, banking, insurance and services. They can be tailored to a wide variety of scheduling processes. They combine a superior user experience with powerful schedule optimisation to serve the company’s strategic objectives.